Here are some tips on the use of this book.
- The Table of Contents is in a dropdown menu on the left side. Use the dropdown menus in the Table of Contents to quickly find the rule you seek.
- Alternatively, you can use the “search” function in the upper right of the book.
- In the lower right corner of each page, you can advance to the next rule. In the lower left hand corner of the page, you can go back to the previous rule.
- References to other rules within the rules of civil procedure are hyperlinked for your convenience.
- The publisher has divided the rules into parts, tracking the division of the rules in the federal court system. Readers should know that the part designations are not a part of the Tennessee rules, but only provided for purposes of convenience to the reader.
- Several section of the rules of civil procedure have been modified for use in the Claims Commission. Here is the regulation directing the changes to the rules. This publication has taken the modifications to the rules and substituted them for the text of “regular” rules of civil procedure. The portion of the rules of civil procedure generally that are not applicable in the Claims Commission have deleted through the
- References to statutes are linked to the free public access site offered by Lexis. As Lexis reminds us, use of the free site is not a substitute for professional research. These links are added to give you a starting point, not an end point, to your legal research.